The Flint Hills Festival is the largest single day event at the Flint Hills Discovery Center. The festival is a family-friendly event with live music, food trucks, games and activities for all ages. The 2023 Flint Hills Festival is Saturday, May 6, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The estimated attendance is 3,000.
1. Flint Hills Festival Partners are limited to the following categories:
Organizations or nonprofits located in or near the Flint Hills region with a mission of promoting the Flint Hills, educating about the history, culture, ecology, or arts, and activities within or appropriate to the Flint Hills.
Businesses or individuals who produce original art or products in or near the Flint Hills or whose primary mission is to promote tourism, exploration, or other activities within the Flint Hills.
2. Set up begins at 8 a.m. on Saturday, May 6. Streets will be closed to traffic at 8 a.m. and partners at 9:30 a.m. Partners must be open for service from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Streets reopen at 5:15 p.m.
3. All Partners must offer an interactive/participation activity or demonstration approved by the Flint Hills Festival planning committee. Partners may hand out information about their organization or business. However, the primary focus of the booth should be interaction, participation, or a demonstration.
4. Sale of merchandise is limited to original art or products produced in or near the Flint Hills, or directly inspired by the Flint Hills. Partners are responsible for all city and state taxes. The Flint Hills Festival is located in a special sales tax district. A $50 vendor fee is required in advance from vendors having a commercial activity. Partners doing only demonstrations and sharing information do not pay the vendor fee.
5. All displays must be clean, attractive, and well maintained. Booth volunteers and staff must be clean and neatly dressed. They are expected to treat all guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
6. The Flint Hills Discovery Center will supply each Partner with a six-foot table and two chairs. Additional tables and chairs are available upon request. Tents are not provided. Partners are encouraged to bring a tent. Tents must be appropriately weighted for wind.
7. Photos supplied by the Partner may be used in promotional material and social media. In submitting their application, Partners agree that they are allowing permission for photos and/or videos of their booth, staff, and/or volunteers to be used in future promotional material and social media for and by the Flint Hills Discovery Center.
8. Booth assignment is at the discretion of the Flint Hills Festival planning committee. Booths may be on grass or pavement.
9. A majority of the festival takes place outdoors. This event is rain or shine. There is no alternative date in the event of severe weather.
10. The deadline to submit a Partner application is April 1, 2023.
Space is limited, so please apply early.
By checking I agree, I acknowledge I have read the guidelines and agree to participate in the Flint Hills Discovery Center Flint Hills Festival on Saturday, May 6, 2023, from 10 am. to 5 p.m.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field