It's the Perfect Time for a Staycation!
No need to travel far and wide to find the perfect vacation destination. We're offering 20% Off General Admission AND 20% Off in the FHDC Gift Store every Sunday now through September 27!* Soak up the last bit of summer by exploring the history, culture and science of the Flint Hills through our interactive and immersive exhibits.
*Offers not valid with any other discounts.
Dates & Times
|Sunday, September 6||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday, September 13||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday, September 20||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
|Sunday, September 27||12:00 PM - 5:00 PM|
What can I do during my visit?
- Experience the Flint Hills through all of your senses in the Immersive Theater's signature film Tides of Time. Click here to learn more and view showtimes.
- View the short, feature film, Rex: A Royal Topdog now showing in the Immersive Theater. Click here to learn more and view showtimes.
- Discover the beauty and wonder of the Flint Hills through the first floor permanent exhibits.
- Children can explore plants and animals of the tallgrass prairie as they play in the Prairie Playscape located on the second floor.
- Enjoy spectacular views, see native wildflowers and learn more about important topics in the Flint Hills eco-region in the Prairie Garden Terrace & Trail that wraps around the back side of the Flint Hills Discovery Center.
- Browse the FHDC Gift Store before you leave and take advantage of the 20% off Staycation Sundays discount!
What are the Flint Hills Discovery Center's Cleaning & Safety Procedures?
Our staff has worked diligently to put new safety and cleaning measures into action to make sure our guests feel safe and comfortable when they visit. As we are a high-touch environment, you may notice some changes throughout the building. All areas of the building are open, but some areas are limited. Click here to learn more about the New Cleaning Procedures we have in place.