We Make Weddings Fun and Memorable Our three unique facilities - the Flint Hills Discovery Center, Union Pacific Depot, and Blue Earth Plaza - offer couples a variety of options perfect to celebrate their special day.
Discover Our VenuesAll-Inclusive & Extraordinary | Flint Hills Discovery Center
Begin your festivities with a stunning rooftop ceremony on the terrace of the Flint Hills Discovery Center. Dine inside, under the moon, in our exhibit space, and then dance into the evening under the glowing lights of the 60-foot glass atrium. Your guests will also enjoy exclusive, after-hours access to the Flint Hills Discovery Center's interactive exhibits (fun for all ages!).
Romantic Charm | Union Pacific Depot
Serving the Manhattan community for over 100 years, the Union Pacific Depot is a charming location for your wedding. The space is ideal for more intimate ceremonies and receptions, and will delight your guests with historic surroundings as they dine and dance the night away.
Relaxed Outdoors | Blue Earth Plaza
If outdoor, casual is more your vibe, the Blue Earth Plaza is the perfect space. Begin your special day with a ceremony nestled against the stone fireplace or set in the park's large, open green space. Then enjoy the sounds of the public water feature as your guests enjoy dinner and dancing under the covered patio area.
Can't Decide? Need Pictures?
Consider booking multiple venues to make your vision a reality! Our knowledgeable staff are here to help you find the perfect fit. You can also visit our Rental Venues page or our Pinterest to learn more and see pictures of the spaces.
Wedding Rentals When you host your event with us, your rental includes:
- On-site event staff to help with your special day
- Venues that surround your guests within the beauty of the Flint Hills
- Free parking and no catering fee
- Tables and chairs with set up (FHDC & Depot)
- Several hotels within walking distance
- LEED Certified Green Building (FHDC)
Flint Hills Discovery Center and Union Pacific Depot rentals include tables and chairs. In all facilities, the renter is responsible for linens and decorations. Alcohol may be served at each venue. An approved caterer is required for events with more than 75 guests or cash bar.
Rental of the Flint Hills Discovery Center includes access to the event spaces listed in your selected option below, as well as access to public restrooms on the first and second floors, elevator, catering kitchen with microwave and refrigerator (no stove), and free parking. Free Wi-Fi is located throughout the facility and AV accommodations are available in some spaces. Trash and recycling services are provided; usage of the facility's tables and chairs are also included in the rental fee.
Rental includes rooftop terrace, two private dressing rooms, all exhibit space, theater, children’s play area, entry atrium, and balconies.
- Availability: Rental is a seven hour time slot between 5:00 PM and midnight with earlier access to some areas
- Capacity: 240 seated, 500 standing
- Fee: $2,500 Saturday, $2,000 Sunday through Friday
Rental includes all exhibit space, theater, children’s play area, entry atrium, and balcony.
- Availability: Rental is any three hour time slot between 5:00 PM and midnight and may be extended at an hourly rate
- Capacity: 200 seated, 500 standing
- Fee: $1,200 three hour rental, $200 per additional hours
Planted in prairie grasses and flowers with views of Manhattan. Private dressing rooms may be included for additional fee.
- Hours: 4:00 PM to midnight
- Capacity: 150 seated, 200 standing
- Fee: $225 per hour
Available as dressing rooms. Can be rented in addition for rehearsal dinners or showers.
- Availability: 10:00 AM to midnight
- Capacity: 48 seated, 55 standing
- Fee: $50 per hour, $25 per hour after hours fee
- $100 alcohol fee (if served at event)
- $0 to $300 refundable damage deposit
Rental of the Union Pacific Depot includes access to 1,910 square feet of event space, two restrooms, a small kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator (no stove), large outdoor patio area, free parking, and use of the facility's tables and chairs. Free Wi-Fi is located throughout the facility and AV accommodations are available. Trash and recycling services are also provided.
- Availability: 8:00 AM – midnight
- Capacity: 62 seated, 70 standing
- Fee: $45 per hour, $100 refundable damage deposit if alcohol is served
Rental of Blue Earth Plaza includes exclusive access to the covered patio, event and large green space during your rental times. The Plaza's water feature must remain open to the public. Two public restrooms are available for guest use on the east side of the park. Free parking is located in the Flint Hills Discovery Center lot or the public parking garage adjacent to the Manhattan Conference Center. Use of the Plaza's music-playing capabilities is also included in the rental fee. Alcohol may be served in controlled areas.
- Availability: 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM
- Capacity: 100 seated on covered patio, 500+ on lawn
- Fee: $60 - $90 per hour depending upon number of guests, $100 refundable damage deposit if alcohol is served
Get Started Planning Your Special DaySubmit an online interest form to inquire about a venue and availability. Once received, a member of our staff will contact you to confirm details and discuss options.
You can also contact Event Supervisor, Jonathan Mertz, at 785-587-2729 ext. 208 or by email with questions or to set up a tour of the spaces.