TEACHING RESOURCES - For K-12 Classrooms
- [Spreadsheet of Lessons - Grade Levels & Subjects - under construction]
- Ready-to-use full length formal Lesson Plans and Unit Plans
- Includes Activities, Materials, Time Needed, Standards/Benchmarks, Assessment, Special Needs/Extension, Technology, etc.
2. MAPS & PANELS - PDFS - for classroom use
- Flint Hills Map Exhibits for classroom projection - three levels/versions available here
- Docs of text on each of three exhibits
- Special Activities
- Over 250 engaging projects - many adaptable to all grade levels
- Listed in 12 subject areas and fully cross-referenced for multi-subject activities - be sure to check related subjects for more ideas.
- Topic and objectives
- Critical thinking questions
- Suggested activity/assessment
- Subject area(s) - do search to find more activities for your subject
- Curriculum Standards - link to this document at top of page
- Resources - links to suggested starter resources (see also extensive Information Resources section)
- Where to take your classes
- Special programs for schools
- Links to resources offered by other organizations
PLACE-BASED EDUCATION RESOURCES
Place-based education immerses students in local landscape, culture and community as a foundation for the study of standard skills in language arts, mathematics, social studies, science, and all subject areas.
A wealth of studies document improved student achievement through programs connecting learning to place.
Educators report that students
- Become increasingly engaged and enthusiastic about learning connected to their own place and experience
- Feel empowered to make positive contributions to their community and outdoor environment
- Builds students' sense of place, pride and identity
- Creates vibrant partnerships between schools & communities
- Boosts student achievement