How to Share Ideas
With teacher input, we can grow and develop this program. As you utilize these activities, developing and adapting them, please share your experiences, new ideas, approaches, and best resources with us - to share with others in our Flint Hills teaching community.
CONTACT US to share ideas.
We will recognize contributing educators on our CONTRIBUTING TEACHERS page.
Ways to share - SEE BELOW to submit:
- Facebook Post
- New Project-Based Learning activity
- New Materials
- New Lesson Plans
Recommend 200-500 words. If possible, please include photos & / or link to video. Suggested topics:
Describe and share one of your own Flint Hills activities or resources (we can also add to website – see below)
- Describe your experiences in using one of our Lesson Plans in your classroom – ways to adapt & improve it
- Tell how you developed one of our Learning Activities into a class activity – share materials, show adaptations to specific grade levels
- Explain how you utilized one of our Flint Hill Information Resources in your classroom
- Share your experiences with one of our Flint Hill Information Resources in your research
- Recommend a helpful website, a great book, quotation, etc.
New PROJECT-BASED LEARNING activity
Please use format similar to our "Learning Activities"
- Main Subject Area
- Brief Description of lesson topic & learning objective
- Critical questions for students to explore
- Main subject area first; then additional related subject(s)
- Suggested Reference(s) - on or more on-line links if possible (we can add these to our Information Resource section also)
- Your name and school
New MATERIALS Developed for one of our Project-Based Learning activities
New LESSON PLAN
Share an actual Lesson Plan for us to add to our FLINT HILLS LESSON PLANS page. If possible, we like to have the following components in our Lesson Plans:
Your Name, Subject area, School name, and Town – listed at top of lesson plan to credit you for your work.
- Title/name of lesson
- Subject area(s)
- Grade level
- Time length
- Curriculum standard/benchmark –number + short description
- List materials needed
- Extension for students who learn quickly
- Assistance for special needs students