Volunteers play a huge role in the continuing success of the Flint Hills Discovery Center. Come join us and be a part of this incredible team. Volunteers serve as interpreters, greeters, support and so much more. Becoming a volunteer is easy! Just fill out our volunteer application found here.
Please note that all volunteers must be at least 16 years of age or older.
Current Volunteers login here.
Available areas of opportunity include:
- Exhibit Interpreters: Communicate additional information to visitors regarding permanent and temporary exhibits and guide them to additional topics and information throughout the facility (main floor and temporary exhibit gallery).
- Stepping Into the Prairie: Interact with younger guests and their families through hands-on play and learning activities.
- Guest Guides: Welcome visitors, assist with general orientation and provide any information they may need. Service includes providing assistance with the Flint Hills Gateway Kiosk which helps visitors locate information on destinations throughout the Flint Hills region. Guest guides also play an integral role by assisting visitors in the Gift Store.
About the FHDC Advisory Board:
Are you looking for a volunteer service opportunity that would benefit the Flint Hills region? The advisory board of the Flint Hills Discovery Center has an opportunity for you. The city of Manhattan is currently accepting applications for the Discovery Center’s advisory board with its purpose and responsibilities as follows:
- To make reports and recommendations to the governing body on all matters referred to it by the governing body;
- To make recommendations related to the operation of the FHDC, or the scope and content of FHDC programs and exhibits, as the advisory board deems appropriate;
- To approve an annual report on FHDC activities, programs, and operations that is developed by the FHDC director, and to submit such report to the governing body;
- To support the mission of the FHDC.
To make an application to serve on the advisory board, please click on the link below: